Monday, April 20, 2015

Farmer Brown

I just love the spring! Fresh air flowing through the house, tulips and starting the garden.  This weekend we went to the local green house/nursery.  I could spend hours there looking at all the fantastic plants, trees, fruits and veggies.  Of course, we have to have a large cart anytime we go there.  This year I went a little over board and will need to create a few more raised beds in the yard to fit all my fruits and veggies.

I already have broccoli, red cabbage, rhubarb and lettuce planted.  Yesterday, I picked up asparagus, seed potatoes, garlic, spanish onions, spaghetti squash, pepporcini peppers, lemon cucumbers, kalettes, celery and jalapeno plants.   I will be planting a variety of heirloom tomatoes and cubanelle peppers too.  My daughter and I started some seeds over the weekend too.  We will also be planting sweet corn, carrots, spinach and tomatillos.

For my herb garden I will be planting sweet basil, thai basil, thyme, chives, sage, italian parsley, dill, spicy globe basil, oregano, lavender and possibly some tarragon. In the berry patch my strawberries, blackberries and rasberries are slowly starting to sprout up.  I love to watch the garden grow and I can't wait to sit outside and enjoy the fragrances from the herb garden.

Happy Spring Everyone!

1 comment: